A spring haul - Part 1: Beauty


   As you may see from the title this is the first part of a series of 3 posts, showing you my latest buys for this spring. Today I'm going to talk about all the beauty bits, the next post is about accessories and the last one will cover fashion (&shoes, bags).
   I recently went to H&M in Norwich to look for a dress because I have a wedding to go to next month in Romania and I'd seen some nice stuff on their website. Unfortunately I couldn't find any clothes I liked (I only got some shoes you'll see in another post :P) and I checked the beauty section to see if there's anything interesting. I already have an eyeshadow palette from H&M which I really like so when I saw this I thought I'd give it a go because I loved the colours. I am impressed with the pigmentation and they feel very nice, almost buttery, I'm very happy with my first purchase :) 
   The Essie nail polishes you can see in the picture are "Off the shoulder" and "Capri". I got them from a blog sale and I love them. I didn't have this kind of colours in my collection so I had to get them (!), and they were a total bargain. I love the thick brush, they're so easy to apply and they don't chip for a good few days. Awesome! ^^ 
   The Benefit POREfessional primer sample came as a freebie with ELLE magazine and I just had to mention it because it's a real cult product, a favourite in the beauty bloggers' world. I was curious about it but I don't think I would've payed the full price for it not knowing if I'm going to get along with it. I will tell you my opinion on it later on.
   After a visit to Superdrug I came out with a few stuff from MUA. I really wanted to try their Lip Lacquers and I chose the shade Atomic because I was in need of an orange lip product ^^ I just love it! After you apply the lacquer, it becomes dry and matte and it stays on your lips until you decide to remove it :P I drank water and it didn't move...it's very nice. I might go back for the other shades, too! To take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer I picked up another MUA blusher in the shade Bubble Gum (I have two other shades and I like them). They are pretty pigmented and blend well on the skin. The third item was another nail polish, a pretty pastel pink - Natural Days, suitable for spring/summer.
   Finally I saw this 2 for 1 offer in Claire's for any false eyelashes so I picked up 2 Eylure sets, one with individual lashes and one with some pretty natural looking strip lashes. I've never tried Eylure lashes before so I can't tell you yet if I like them ^^
   So these are all my latest beauty buys, I'm always excited to try new stuff so I'll have a few fun days playing around with these things :P Have you ever used any of these products before? What do you think about them? 

Lip swatch for MUA Lip Lacquer in Atomic

Comments

Popular Posts