How I Curl My Hair

I love to curl my hair from time to time, to get out of the rut. Usually I do it when there's a special occasion because I wear my hair straight every day so that's the way most people see me and I like to appear with something new or different. I used to curl it using hot curlers - kind of like the ones in the picture here (which reminds me, I should do a review on those ones, too, they are pretty good), but this Christmas I got the Remington Keratin Therapy Pro Hair Tong from Boots and it made my life so much easier. I literally curled my hair in 5 minutes before leaving out the door for the New Year's Eve party. It has an on/off button and +/- buttons to set the temperature (I use it at 190 degrees almost every time, it's my personal preference, but it goes up to 210) and I like the fact that it heats very very fast. It also came with the pouch you see in the picture below and I can easily transport it when I travel.


I currently wash my hair with the Aussie Colour Mate Shampoo (because I've dyed it recently) and after that I like to dry it with this rotating brush from Rowenta pictured above. Before I use heat on my hair I like to prep it with the TRESemmé Heat Defence styling spray which does a good job with that. After I curl all of my hair I spray a little bit of the VO5 give me texture throught it to give it that lived-in look. I finish everything off with the Schwarzkopf got2b 2 sexy big volume push up volumizing hairspray (oh yeah, I wanted to write all that names down, woohoo! :)) ). This is an ok hairspray, it doesn't leave my hair crispy or wet looking, but I can't say it's too volumizing..

 Here are the before and after pictures, I'm sorry the lighting in my house isn't very good :P these are the only shots I got to take before the sun hid behind the clouds - living in UK, what can you do... As you can see, my hair is kinda messy curled because I only took about 10 minutes to do it but I like it this way. Usually my curls last a day or two - max - because I have such long, fine hair.


I hope you enjoyed today's post, I don't think I talked about my hair on the blog before, I know I enjoyed doing it ^^

Comments

Popular Posts